Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Austin Mahone - What About Love


"What about our promises?"

Ugh. I shouldn't like this. I didn't want to like this. Austin Mahone's management is clearly trying to set him up as the "new Justin Bieber" now that Beiber's gone rogue, and until this song I didn't think he had a chance. But they brought in the big guns, enlisting RedOne to produce this track. And my god, it worked. This is totally bringing me back to the teen pop heyday of 1998-2000. It could've been on any of the 'Nsync or Backstreet Boys albums. It's refreshingly melodic in a sugary way, with a video that wouldn't have been out of place thirteen years ago. I don't know if they intentionally meant to create such a flashback, but in doing so they're really going to please us older pop fans. This feels more like something that would've come out in Sweden--not America. It'll be interesting to see if he can gain Bieber-like popularity. The song already seems to be doing pretty well for him.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home