Your Ad Here

Friday, June 07, 2013

CL - The Baddest Female


There’s something about these K-Pop/Hip-hop records that always reels me in. When I first heard The Baddest Female, I dismissed it as little more than a bunch of incongruent noise. To a lesser extent, I thought the same about G-Dragon’s One Of A Kind and Crayon, which turned out to be two of my favorite songs of 2012. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s (mostly) in another language, or that all those seemingly incongruent elements seem to blend into one sickeningly catchy refrain -- but I think what it really comes down to is the utter charisma these stars bring to the table. As leader of girl group 2NE1, CL is the most recognizable of her bandmates. The same thing could be said of G-Dragon and Bigbang. I’m kind of obsessed with the weird, snarly accent with which CL spits out the Korean/English lyrics. She spent many of her formative years in France studying--among other things--English, so I feel like her entire persona is a cool hybrid of east and west. One thing’s for sure: she’s a force to be reckoned with. Rap isn’t really my genre, but I can’t stop playing this.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Buy 2NE1's albums here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home