Your Ad Here

Friday, July 05, 2013

Icon - Rockstar



This weird little track has won me over. It makes no secret of the fact that it's aiming for Gangnam Style success, from the inane chants to the "everybody dance" nature of the second half. Yet, as derivative as it is, I can't help but love it. Part of that is due to the colorful, 80's music video, part is the addictive "I-C-O-N... my name" chants, and part of it is how "rockstar" somehow has been turned into "rockster." This is a new breed of K-Pop. It's very international and kind of experimental (in a G-Dragon Crayon sort of way). It's a shame that the accompanying EP is incredibly boring.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. If you like what you hear, support the artists. Watch the video here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home