Your Ad Here

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Icona Pop - On A Roll


"I know you like what you see"

This new Icona Pop album is surprisingly good. I mean, I enjoyed their Swedish album, but this one feels leaner, meaner and full of intent. I love how many of the new tracks have a strong 90's rock edge. It really sets the duo apart from other pop music on the radio. They've definitely taken their success with I Love It and used that song as a template, but it doesn't feel like they're simply repeating it over and over. Instead, the cohesive sound gives the album a strong consistency. On A Roll is one of the strongest new tracks, with its mammoth production and uber-catchy "doo doo doo doo doo doo doo" bits that run throughout. It has an electro heft to it and undeniable attitude.

On A Roll by Icona Pop on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home