Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Avicii - Hey Brother


"What if I'm far from home?"

For most of the new Avicii album, I can really take it or leave it. I was an early fan of Wake Me Up, the song that quickly took over radio worldwide, but my love for it dimmed a little when it was suddenly everywhere. Even so, I love that country/EDM hybrid sound. So it's not surprising that the other highlight of the album for me is Hey Brother, which goes even further into country territory with twangy vocals from Dan Tyminski. Now, I'm not generally a fan of country music, but this just works spectacularly. The melody is totally anthemic and the instrumental that comes after has the same sense of euphoria that the very best of this genre delivers. The song's been number one on Swedish Itunes for awhile, suggesting that it'd do well as a single. Personally, I'd love an entire album of this style.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man you're so cool. I wish MY love for things "dimmed a little when it was suddenly everywhere". I just keep liking things I like, regardless of what others think about it, and that is SO not cool. Maybe one day I'll be as cool as you.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Overjoyed with the subtle sarcasm here. I guess you've never gotten sick of a song after hearing it played over and over. Good for you. I'm glad you think I'm cool. Keep trying and maybe you *will* be as cool someday ;)

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home