Your Ad Here

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

The Sounds - Young And Wild


"Put your hands up"

I've been a big fan of the Sounds since the beginning, but sadly their albums have been getting less and less interesting to me. The first two (which happen to be their most successful) are both masterpieces of the genre, but when album number three came out the band lost some of what made them special. The fourth release regained some of the sparks, but I'm sorry to say that this new album, Weekend, just isn't hitting me. It feels like it's just lacking that synthy punch and sharp songwriting that I fell in love with in the first place. Young And Wild, the last track on the album, is the exception. I like it not only for the driving beat and party atmosphere, but also because it's totally different from anything else they've ever recorded. It has a bright tropical, Caribbean sound to it with the production. And, though I wish the hook was a little more developed, it comes closest to matching that anthemic sound the band does so well. I'll go ahead and say it now. What I really want is a Maja Ivarsson solo POP album.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home