Your Ad Here

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Top 20 Albums Of 2013: 14-13

14. Diana Vickers - Music To Make Boys Cry



File this under “albums that should have been WAY more successful than they actually were.” I liked a few tracks from Vickers’ debut album a couple years ago, but the fact that she worked with production team Xenomania on this entire album guarantees that it’s chock-full of sophisticated, melodic 80’s-influenced pop. It’s the kind of album that works better as a whole than in parts, hence the fact that none of its singles made my top 50 list, even though I’m so enthusiastic about the album.

13. Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines



Most people will laud Blurred Lines, the single, as one of the best of the year, but I’m here to testify for the album. I’ve always wanted to like Thicke more than I do. His very first, underrated album showed heaps of promise, with its modern disco soul sound and uptempo tracks, but after that he devolved into a career of drippy slow jams. Now finally, the tempo is back! There’s a lot more to this album if you look past the one, inescapable single. It definitely sound tracked my summer.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home