Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ash Gray - The Little Prince


I haven't featured any new K-Pop on the blog this year, and my first foray is going to be kind of obscure. Now, this song was just released, but it's not from one of the major agencies and I don't see it really getting much coverage online. This is not okay, because this track should be everywhere. It doesn't sound like what we expect from K-Pop at all. Instead of slick dance moves and glossy production, The Little Prince is a strange hybrid of EDM and rock, with some excellent wall-of-sound vocals and different musical phases--all of them dynamic in their own way. While the song begins as a ballad, it certainly doesn't stay that way. I'm not sure about how I feel about the music totally dropping out after the build-up (I wish the drop wasn't so long), but you just can't beat the bombast that this thing provides. I'm really looking forward to the accompanying album.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here (it's the first track). Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home