Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Hardwell - Dare You (ft. Matthew Koma)


"I dare you to try"

We're still in Sweden today, with one of those ubiquitous EDM tracks that are slowly growing more tiresome the more of them I hear. For something like this to appeal to me now, I've gotta love the vocals and melody. Everything has a massive build these days, so that's not enough to fully capture my attention. The thing that sticks out most about this new Hardwell track is the vocals by Matthew Koma. Despite being an American, he's got a real Scandinavian sound to the tone of his voice. I'm thinking Donkeyboy mixed with Erik Hassle mixed with Oh No Ono and Studio Killers. It doesn't hurt that the track's a real belter. The hook is sky high. Fun bonus fact: Koma co-wrote/produced a bunch of Carly Rae Jepsen's latest album (but not Call Me Maybe). Who knew?



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home