Your Ad Here

Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Crayon Pop - Hero


I just love this song. From the get-go, I was smitten. Crayon Pop became the unlikely breakthrough group in K-Pop last year with their riotously catchy Bar Bar Bar. They've released a few things since then, but this is my favorite. Hero, a duet with rock singer Kim Jang Hoon, is a charity single for firefighters (which quickly becomes apparent when you watch the music video), but it's not one of those boring, slow, super-serious "tributes" we're used to associating with charity. No, this is FUN. For some reason it reminds me of an 80's track, albeit sung in a very J-Pop, almost video-gamey, style. Most important is that chorus, which is as jubilant as a chorus can be. This is pure happiness bottled into a pop song.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. No idea where to preorder the single, but it's out tomorrow. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home