Your Ad Here

Monday, February 17, 2014

Satin Circus - Expectations


"You're nothing like the girls I've met before"

I don't think I've mentioned Satin Circus on this blog before, but I have been quietly following their musical output for the last year. It seems as though Finland has enjoyed a resurgence of great pop music recently, and these guys are riding that wave. Their music is good old fashioned power pop, unashamed of its big hooks and dumb, singalong lyrics. They're kind of like One Direction in that way, expect their music strikes me as having one foot in the past. Expectations, their latest single, is a good example of this. I feel like a version of this track could have been released at any time during the past 50 years or so. The melody is classic high school, beach-party bombast, updated with today's production tricks and delivered with overflowing energy.

Expectations by Satin Circus on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Danny said...

I'm obsessed with this song and the album!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Myfizzypop said...

I love this band. If You Loved Me was my fave song of last year :)

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I basically love Satin Circusā¤

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home