Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Akdong Musician - 200%


In addition to being a huge K-Pop fan, I've been obsessed with K-Pop Star (Korea's answer to American Idol or X-Factor) throughout its three seasons. Akdong Musician were the winners of last year's season two, which also happened to be the best season. The sibling duo hail from Mongolia but have signed with huge Korean agency YG (home to G-Dragon, Bigbang and 2NE1, amongst others) and have just released their first album. They specialize in hyper-clever, cute acoustic pop... which is normally the kind of thing I absolutely detest. But, there's just something about these two. It's hard not to love them and their music, and this track is no exception. 200% is a bubbly, summery single that brings a smile to my face. It's a near-perfect hybrid of pure pop, indie and hip-hop. It didn't click fully the first time I heard it, but after a couple of listens I found myself totally smitten.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home