Your Ad Here

Friday, May 09, 2014

Conchita Wurst - Rise Like A Phoenix


"Neighbors say we're trouble"

I haven't been following Eurovision as closely this year as I usually do. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to be a bit of a weak year in general. I'm in love with the big ballads of Spain and Sweden, and France and Italy sound interesting from what I've heard, but most of the songs in the two semifinals were very forgettable. To me, the big moment of the two performance shows was when Austria's entry, the bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst, took the stage to deliver her mega Bond-style torch song. I've gotta say, I was mesmerized. I have a feeling this entry's going to do very well on Saturday, and might even win. It's got that WTF factor that many people watch Eurovision for, plus a great melody and surprisingly powerful vocals. I'm ready for a big dance remix right now. Plus, wouldn't it be cool for a place like Austria to win? Have they ever won before?



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They have once - but 48 years ago in 1966 with the song "Merci chérie" by Udo Jürgens.

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home