Your Ad Here

Monday, May 12, 2014

Ola Salo - I Got You (ft. Kleerup)


"People may say whatever they do"

My birthday is on Thursday, but I got an early, unexpected present this morning when this track made its way online. I Got You is a collaboration between Ola Salo and Kleerup. How's that for a dream team? Of course, Ola Salo was the lead singer of The Ark, my favorite band of all time (as if you didn't already know). I didn't expect to hear solo stuff from him until his stint on Så Mycket Bättre this Fall (which I'm so excited about). Then there's Kleerup, a frequent collaborator with Robyn (aka: the best female popstar on the planet). The final product sounds more like Ola than Kleerup, but it's also much different than anything he's done in the past. It's a strange hybrid of 90's trip-hop and rock anthem, with a huge hook and even a choir! I feel like the treble on the production is a little overwhelming... but it could just be my lame computer speakers. Or maybe I'm just used to bass, and there really isn't any to be found here (which I guess is probably the point). It's a little messy, but each time I listen to it I like it more than the last. And, my god! Ola is back!!!

*Edit: Got a chance to listen through decent speakers and, yes, it's a thousand times more effective.

I Got You (ft. Kleerup) by Ola Salo on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home