Your Ad Here

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Tove Styrke - Even If I'm Loud It Doesn't Mean I'm Talking To You


"Sophisticated ain't helping you to do the dance"

Tove Styrke was a contestant on the second season of Swedish Idol that I watched (season 6?) and I absolutely adored her. Honestly, no reality show spits out stars with as much reliability as Swedish Idol. It helps that Sweden has an excellent framework for up and coming pop stars, what with Melodifestivalen and all. But Tove has always been a little different than her peers. She's certainly no cookie-cutter fill-in-the-blank pop starlet. She's cool, like fellow swede Robyn is cool. And it's such a treat to hear new music from her. Her new track, the impossibly long-titled Even If I'm Loud It Doesn't Mean I'm Talking To You, is a bit jarring at first. It's more bratty Ting Tings/Avril Lavigne chant-pop than her older, icier synth-drenched music. If I'm being honest, I'm not quite sure what I think about it yet. It seemed so repetitive upon first listen, but I'm already beginning to unearth little things in the production and lyrics that are impressing me. We'll see. Either way, it's amazing to have her back (finally!).



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gerd said...

Brilliant - great find !!!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home