Your Ad Here

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Bleachers - Like A River Runs


"When I fall asleep, I can see your face"

In a summer that has been (for me, at least) entirely dominated by international music, Bleachers' debut album has been a nice American surprise. Bleachers is the side-project of Jack Antonoff (of fun. fame). The album was released last week after three amazing singles. Those singles remain the best portion of the album, but the rest of the songs aren't exactly slouchers. Maybe a little more mellow, but still good. Like A River Runs is a late-album energizer, with surging production and a shout-along chorus. It represents what I consider the best qualities of Antonoff's music. If you like this, you should also check out his work with the band Steel Train. The song Bullet, in particular, is a nice aural companion to this one.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home