Your Ad Here

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Dami Im - Gladiator


"Gonna fight for your love"

What a voice Dami Im has! I'd go so far to say she's my favorite X-Factor winner ever, but a lot of that is going to depend on the material she's given when it's time for that all-important debut album. After being initially underwhelmed by her last single, Super Love, I found my affection for it growing each day. I hope the same thing will happen with this song. On the surface, Gladiator seems way too trendy and melodically familiar, but that special essence that Dami brings to a song should push it over the edge for me. If someone like Demi Lovato was singing this (and honestly, it sounds like one of her dirgy self-empowerment anthems), I'd probably dismiss it outright. And if I'm being completely honest, I still want more from Dami, because she's better than this kind of soundalike material. But it's still Dami, and she can make even a mediocre song special.

Gladiator by Dami Im on Grooveshark

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home