Your Ad Here

Monday, September 29, 2014

One Direction - Steal My Girl


"Everybody wanna take her heart away"

Sometimes, in my weaker moments, I wish that I could be one of those "cool" music bloggers who rails against manufactured pop music and highlights "true" musicians. Then I remind myself to screw it and go with the melody, like I always have. I adore a big chorus, an awesome guitar or piano riff, and slick, polished production. Judging from Steal My Girl, One Direction are in the same boat I am. I keep expecting them to ditch this awesome, "uncool" 80's power rock sound they've brought back in favor of something more trendy and boring. Luckily, they surprise me time after time by coming back with something hugely anthemic and melodic, over the top and filled with brilliant pop cheese. I love this new single, just as I've loved everything the band have put out since their debut. I'm amazed how consistently good (and fun) their music has remained four albums in, when most of these types of bands fizzle out and go the boring, adult-contemporary route to make those last few bucks. Like, seriously... that Abba-meets-Journey piano line? I'm in heaven. And I feel sorry for anyone whose personal definition of "cool" doesn't allow them to turn this up and sing along. (But I bet even they'd do it secretly at home)



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home