Your Ad Here

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Epik High - Born Hater (ft. Beenzino, Verbal Jint, B.I., Mino & Bobby)


A new release from YG Entertainment is always something to celebrate. And even though rap group Epik High are not among my more favorite artists on the company's roster, I was surprised at how much I fell in love with their pre-release single, Born Hater. It helps that the track features a small army of guest rappers. Of the bunch, Ikon's B.I. and Bobby completely steal the show. B.I. offers the track's only real hook, which appears a scant two times in the five minutes. It's so catchy and awesome, though, that you wait for it each time. Other than that, this track is all about the beat. It's a beat so instantly amazing that you can't help but fall in love with the rap verse after rap verse that accompanies it -- even if you can't understand 95% of it. (Though if you really want to know, the gist of it is these guys slamming their internet haters). I wish there was more uptempo stuff like this on the album, but I'm definitely happy settling for this unexpected October highlight. I'll leave the video here, since I think it's pretty memorable and innovative.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home