Your Ad Here

Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Take That - Into The Wild


"Some things will never change"

Take That continues to surprise me. According to precedent, bands at this point in their career should be relegated to boring ballads and best-of tours. Even though there are only three of them left in the band, the guys of Take That continue the expansive, uptempo pop direction they'd ventured into with 2010's Progress (aka: their best album). The new record is instant and incredibly poppy -- a testament not only to the songwriting but also the amazing producers that they have on board. Two of the names, Stuart Price and Greg Kurstin, instantly cause my ears to perk up. I could've selected many songs to post today, but I went with the track that stood out the most to me on first listen. Into The Wild is a propulsive pop anthem with a huge sound. I'm not normally a big fan of Mark Owen's voice, and he takes the lead here, but it turns out to work quite spectacularly. The track is actually co-written with John Martin, of Swedish House Mafia's Don't You Worry Child fame. And actually, it would've worked just as well as a big Swedish House Mafia track.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home