Your Ad Here

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Jonghyun - Crazy (Guilty Pleasure)


The first major K-Pop release of the year was one that I highly anticipated. I'm a big fan of Shinee, the group that Jonghyun is a part of, and his fellow member Taemin's solo debut last year was one of my favorites. Initially when I heard this song, I've got to admit that I was a little underwhelmed. I felt like the track (its production, specifically), felt underdeveloped. This kind of surprised me, especially since I feel like Jonghyun is the more experimental, songwriting member in the group. Luckily, my enthusiasm nudged me to give the song more listens, and it's grown on me immensely. I particularly like the middle eight, which has a kind of rock/pop melody in the midst of all this spare funk. After this, it feels like solo mini-albums from each Shinee member are inevitable, and I can't wait to hear what the other three have to bring.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home