Your Ad Here

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tina & Rene - Mi Amore


"You gave me what no one had given before"

The Eurovision pre-selections are starting to kick off, and as always, Abba's shadow looms big over everything. Denmark's Melodi Grand Prix is in a couple of weeks. They're one of the countries that releases the songs prior to the actual competition, and as I perused this year's entries, I was instantly smitten with Tina and Rene's enormous Mi Amore. It is a 100% schlager belter, with a chorus that sounds quite a lot like the aforementioned Abba. It's the kind of music that really only comes from this region of the world, just like K-Pop is tied only to Korea. I love that, even when this genre has gone out of fashion, we can always count on songs like this being produced for contests like Eurovision. It's cheesy to the max, but I wish it luck!



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home