Your Ad Here

Monday, March 30, 2015

Nightwish - Weak Fantasy


Last week, Finnish symphonic rockers Nightwish released their new album, and first with vocalist Floor Jansen. As usual with Nightwish albums, it takes some time to fully ingratiate with the dense, often long songs. Honestly, the twenty-four minute track that closes the album probably won't even find its way onto my ipod. I'm not a hardcore enough fan to have time for that. Upon listening to the album, there was one song that stuck out immediately as being incredibly awesome and exactly what I love about the band. Weak Fantasy is the second track, and it's classic, bombastic Nightwish. Both the hard rock and symphonic elements are operating at full tilt, and the song as a whole has a theatrical, aggressively insistent feel to it. It kind of sounds like it could have come from a heavier version of The Phantom of the Opera or something! The hook is especially indelible, with its snarling delivery and crushing production. Though I'm not sure how often I'll be revisiting the album as a whole, I can't stop listening to this song.


Nightwish 2015 - Weak Fantasy by MusicHits1

(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Scott said...

Holy cow, this is fabulous!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home