Your Ad Here

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Zedd - Addicted To A Memory (ft. Bahari)


This track is such a good representation of how even the things you dislike about current music trends can sometimes be quite amazing. Zedd has been a big name in the EDM scene for the past few years. I know his hit singles, and I guess they're fine, but he's not an artist I would have ever sought out. On top of that, one of my least favorite things about the current dance trend is how it focuses on repetitive instrumental hooks rather than good old fashioned songwriting. I particularly dislike that popular sound which I can only describe as an overworked computer malfunctioning--all glitchy and harsh electronic noise. Imagine my surprise, then, when this exact sound became my favorite thing about the song I'm featuring today. I think the proper name for it is "complextro," and in this track at least, it's actually amazing. That glitchy, brash sound that overtakes the second half of Addicted to a Memory is so relentless and dense that it somehow works. I'm not sure it's something that I'd listen to everyday, but I can definitely appreciate it.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Preorder the album here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home