Your Ad Here

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Loïc Nottet - Rhythm Inside


So Eurovision took place last Saturday. It was an off year for me... has been since Melodifestivalen... but that doesn't mean I didn't watch and enjoy it. I was honestly shocked that Sweden won. I mean, Heroes wasn't even my top pick for Melodifestivalen and then it goes and wins in all of Europe! Being a massive Sweden fan, this result made me very happy. That said, my favorite entry this year actually came from Belgium. For the past few years, they've been reliable for sending slightly off-kilter, yet totally poppy, acts. This year was definitely more on the left-of-center side, but benefited from a powerfully obtuse performance and some amazing, androgynous vocals. Sometimes I think it actually works better as a performance piece than an actual song, but there's no denying the intensity of the melody and production. It pulls you right in. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Loïc has recorded any other songs that have been released. I'm SO curious what his other music might sound like, but I guess I'll just have to wait awhile to find out. His top five placing on Saturday should at least guarantee some sort of follow-up single/album.



(Music posted for evaluation purposes only. Buy the single here. Follow me on twitter and facebook.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger silvestre said...

my favorite of Eurovision2015
not cheesy as usual.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home