Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Bigbang - Sober


About a month ago, I wrote one of my more critical posts about Bigbang's Bang Bang Bang. Against all odds, that song has somehow made a rebound and become one of my most played songs of the summer so far. In other words, it took a long time to click. Sober, the group's newest single in their summer bombardment, clicked pretty much instantly. Doesn't mean it's any better or worse, but it is definitely one of Bigbang's styles that I prefer. In a lot of ways, Sober's rock influences make it sound like a sequel to G-Dragon's Crooked. In fact, GD had even performed a bit of the track as an intro to Crooked two years ago. Though the songs share a lot of aural similarities, Sober is nowhere near as good as Crooked (though to be fair, not much is). It's a high water mark, and I'm fine settling for a lesser copycat if it means we get more Bigbang tracks that sound like this. The song's under fire for plagiarism accusations of The Wanted's Glad You Came. Honestly, I don't hear it and I don't care. What I do like is the 90's alternative-style music video and the entire last third of the song, where it really travels into rock territory.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home