Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 16, 2015

GOT7 - Just Right


With each release, I've fallen more and more in love with GOT7's music. I was a little late to the party, skipping past their debut in early 2014, but then I became absolutely obsessed with last summer's A (still their best song). Then, group member Jackson joined my favorite (and sadly cancelled) Korean variety show, Roommate, and... well if you've watched any of Jackson's variety shows, you'll know that he's pretty much impossible to dislike. Last fall, the group released the supremely underrated and fantastic Identify album, and I've been waiting for a follow-up ever since. The weird thing about GOT7 is that they release totally different types of songs each time they comeback. Just Right seems to be a hybrid of the skeletal hip-hop of their debut Girls Girls Girls, and the summer-time, melodic pop of A. It's got an incredible hook, with a clever, relaxing melody and one of the best music videos of the year. While I was hoping for something a little more uptempo and in-your-face for the summer, I really can't help but adore what we ended up getting. It's quite an unusual, oddball pop song but it makes you feel oh so good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home