Your Ad Here

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb


With this song, Red Velvet have officially arrived for me. I know many people are heralding March's Ice Cream Cake as one of the year's best singles, but its somewhat juvenile chorus never quite clicked with me. The first time I heard Dumb Dumb, I dismissed it as being noisy, busy and a bit frantic (though I did love the video). It took three listens to settle in, and now I'm addicted. What first sounded like repetitive clatter now works together to create a rhythmic beast of a single. These girls do quirky well, and I hope that they'll keep in this lane from now on. The accompanying album is refreshingly upbeat with some killer b-sides that support this title track perfectly. For me, it's a very pleasant surprise after being a bit reluctant with the group prior to this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home